My work so far has included translation of commercial texts and business correspondence, literary translation, audio transcription and website translation for clients such as the Gaelic Books Council in Glasgow (Scotland, UK), Hebridean Smokehouse (Scotland), Connage Highland Dairy (Scotland), Folio (Austria) and Rugerup (Sweden), Saarländischer Rundfunk (Germany), Bayrischer Rundfunk and Telepool (Germany).
- Aug 2003 – Dec 2003
‘Künstler- und Stipendiatenhaus’ Salzwedel, Germany, translating modern Gaelic poetry into German. The original poetry along with my translations appeared in a limited edition of fifty hand-bound poetry books which were presented to the public at a reading and concert in December 2003.
- April 2006 – June 2006
Translation residency in Chretzeturm, Stein-am-Rhein, Switzerland, translating modern Gaelic poetry into German, texts presented at a reading and concert in June 2006 and in two poetry anthologies.
Literary translation in publication
- Contribution to Greis, Hans and Erwin Otto (eds.) (2001) Literamus, 20, Trier, Germany
- Contribution to Galbraith, Iain (ed.) (2006) Intime Weiten. XXV Schottische Gedichte, Wien: Folio; German edition of Cockburn, Ken and Robyn Marsack (eds.) (2004) Intimate Expanses. XXV Scottish Poems 1978-2002, Edinburgh: Scottish Poetry Library and Manchester: Carcanet
- Five short stories in Klevenhaus, Michael (ed.) (2009) Der Schädel von Damien Hirst, Glasgow: Ursgeul
- Poetry translation in Galbraith, Iain (ed.) (2011) Beredter Norden, Edition Rugerup
- ‘Mar a thubhairt a’ Chrè ris a’ Chrèadhadair/Sprach der Ton zum Töpfer’ (2006) Frauenfeld, Switzerland: Waldgut Bodoni